Download SonicMaps Player (http://sonicmaps.org/)
There are two different ways of using SonicMaps Player
- WIFI preload mode (To save mobile internet data, this setting is recommended)
- Progressive downloading during a walk using a 3G/4G data network.
WIFI preload setting
- Stand at WIFI hotspot and open SonicMaps Player – Click ‘Browse’ to search your project or enter URL directly if you know your project link.
2. When you click browse, it will connect to SonicMaps Project page – Find your project and click ‘get link’ – Copy the project link and paste the URL on SonicMaps Player.
** The Projects made by Greenhead College Students are below. Copy those links and paste in the URL box.
Group 1 – A Step in Time (Market Place Area)
Group 2 – Night At The Arcade (Byram Arcade)
Group 3 – Off The Rails (The Train Station)
Group 4 – Downstreet Echo (Wood Street)
Group 5 – Steel (Parish Church Yard)
3. Click Load and make sure the WIFI preload mode is selected.
4. It will start downloading the project.
5. You will see located sound files on your map now.
When the Circle is:
Green: Sound file is ready to play.
Yellow: Sound file is still loading
Red: Sound file is not available
Black: Out of GPS available Zone